May 27, 2011

New Birds at Dixon

I realized I wanted to head to Dixon Reservoir today (I skip it often) but I was hesitant 'cause I've been really snake-phobic lately....I survived, snake-free (at least while at Dixon.)
In addition to the usual suspects:


So this is a Gray Catbird; somehow I think this is a very
usual bird and I'm supposed to have seen a million of them and yet
today I saw my first pair. I thought they were awesome!


Cannot ignore the posing birds! Another realization today (okay I might have been sleepy)
It makes sense that Eastern Kingbirds are in the same family as Western (aside from 
lots of OBVIOUS reasons) because they make the same noisy springtime commotions!


No great photo, I know, but I think this is my first concrete
view of  a Savannah Sparrow...


Yellow-rumps and Yellow throughout.


Mallard. :)


Resourceful Wren.


Not my only mystery empid of the day.



Two really iffy photos of something I'm suspecting is a Field Sparrow
(awaiting ID confirmation.) They were all sorts of un-cooperative....
and confusing too!


No comments: