May 20, 2011

Dry Spell

A momentary dry spell today in between showers. I walked around Prospect Ponds Natural Area and over to the Environmental Learning Center.


Song Sparrow basking in the brief spot of sunshine.

I never know whether its worth walking around the ELC or not. 
Never seems to be much going on....but every once in awhile...


FOS Western Tanagers frolicking among some blooms.


Lots of furtive thrushes (mostly Swainson's, think I saw one Hermit).


One billion House Wrens. I like this one's camouflage.


This one was posing. I'm always happy to take a photo of a posing wren...even more so
if its not in the shade!


And then, something new. A Blackpoll Warbler
Would never have seen it if I hadn't taken a chance on the ELC.
See how that works?

Also out and about in the momentary sunshine: GBH, Green-tailed Towhee, Cormorant, Shoveler, BWTeal, Yellow-rumped Warbler and Yellow Warbler, Downy Woodpecker, Kingfisher and American Robin.


1 comment:

DaveABirding said...

Nice shots, the Blackpoll was a great find, and those House Wrens appeared to have been very cooperative.