May 25, 2010

My First American Bittern

Well actually my second....

Here's my first; I stopped in shock - from the distance I was sure it was a bittern. Even bothered to pull out the scope!


Figured I'd come back and check on him after 
another loop along the road.... but then I forgot all about that bittern:


and found this one. Too close to the car!


A little further away with some grass and fence in the way...


Looking intently at something...


American Bittern with fish.


Looking at me funny.


Looking at me seriously.


Taking off; some goofball (yeah I mean me) 
thought they'd try to open the car door.

And here, behind fence, a little bittern walking:












1 comment:

DaveABirding said...

Wow, those are much better looks than I've had at an American Bittern. Glad to know of Running Deer and all its goodies.