Nov 20, 2010

Mount McConnell Trail

I drove past Grey Rock and Young Gulch today and decided to hike the McConnell trail in Mountain Park. I hike this trail so infrequently that it always feels new... sometimes to the point of feeling lost and confused. Today I felt lost or confused for approximately an hour. :)

I arrived to find the Poudre River flowing but icy in spots.


A quiet hike...lots of Townsend's Solitaires. Then, little wisps of chirps. A mixed flock, and in the flock


Poor, Poor Proof of my first real glimpse of a 
Golden-crowned Kinglet!!

A little later, slightly better proof:




Maybe next time we'll have a full-on photo shoot!

I encountered these mixed flocks a few more times; in addition
to the kinglets I viewed chickadees, nuthatches and Brown Creepers.


More hike images:




As is often the case though, I was most excited by the water:
















No comments: