Aug 22, 2010

Running Deer Test Run


Whatever my weekend plans were going to be, they took a nose-dive Friday afternoon when I discovered my camera had been stored in a wet bag all week. (Exactly when Camelbak will manufacture a bladder that doesn't prove faulty I don't know.)

After talking with the B & H rep this morning I concluded that it's going to be alright. Even if something happens down the road that five year extended warranty will be there to keep me and my yogurt-exploding persona safe.

And so, a test drive at Running Deer this evening. A little too dark too soon [read not miserably HOT,] but I think I can tell that everything is functioning as it should be:


Red-winged Blackbird silhouette



I figured I'd shoot whatever I saw, even if that meant grasshoppers.
There were a lot of dragonflies. It was remarkably quiet; I
don't ever remember such a quiet night at Running Deer.



Too dark for these guys, but you get the idea...



Blurry or not, I love seeing the mink :)


Maybe I'm just a little tired, but for the moment I'm unclear. Only
glimpsed momentarily...
Reminds me of some immature yellow-breasted chats
I saw last week, though it's lacking the distinctive
eye ring...


More herons than anything else at Running Deer tonight. I almost got a hilarious shot 
of a Great Blue Beak underneath me as it somehow didn't notice me standing above it 
at the dam. Two seconds too late...





No comments: