Jun 21, 2010

Mill Creek Today

I (just about literally) ran into some Wild Turkey chicks today on the Mill Creek trail. I unknowingly flushed them from some high grasses....I flushed them before I saw them.... The first one that didn't entirely disappear from view landed in this tree:





Eventually I noticed one had stuck around...



I moved my foot an inch and he took off.

I was a little worried about the one in the tree so I walked 
off for a few minutes and came back to make sure he'd gotten 
down alright. He had - nowhere to be found.

Here's Mom:




Also up at Lory today:




Chipping Sparrow with "stuff"




Blooming thistle




Nuthatches (red-breated and Pygmy)




Bloomin' cacti




Plenty of mystery empids. Here's one.




and another




and one more



and a few cedar waxwings too.






















No comments: