Aug 19, 2012

North Shields Ponds

Hooray for another calm, cool August morning: I cannot WAIT for Fall! I looked forward to our walk each day last week, and Maisie and I both enjoyed the healing quiet and peace.


I don't know if Maisie's stroller resembles a large slow animal or not, but it seems 
to have the unusual effect of slowing our wildlife down. This Great Blue Heron
stayed put far longer than I expected.


And this White-tailed Deer (one of a pair) allowed us to come close enough for 
Maisie to really get a good look at her.


Quiet at North Shields Ponds today....some unexpected juncos flitting about,
the usual flickers, not a single duck in the river.


The expected Turkey Vultures were about though, and while Maisie and I took a break 
on a bench, we did have a small interesting raptor fly-by.




No comments: