Jan 29, 2011

Three Bird Day

Around Town today, but blissfully outside and feeling so much better for it!


An almost-patient Great Blue Heron


I went to look for the Long-tailed Duck at North Shields Ponds today. A fabulous-looking duck. Someday I hope to see an adult male in Summer plumage :) There was more than a little adventure involved in today's search, but I did get to see the bird: (That's him on the left...)


Flying off with some Goldeneyes half a second after I arrive


Not looking too excited about my visit


Safely far away.

My first Winter Wren, at the Environmental Learning Center:


Skullllkeee!!!

And an immature Yellow-bellied Sapsucker at Grandview Cemetery:


Really beautiful...another bird I'd like to see in adult plumage.

Also around town today:

American Robin
Black-billed Magpie
Black-capped Chickadee
Brown Creeper
Canada Goose
Dark-eyed Junco
Eurasian-collared Dove
European Starling
Hairy Woodecker
Mallard
Northern Flicker
Red-winged Blackbird





1 comment:

Connie said...

Nice birdy day, Becca.