Sep 12, 2010

Fall at Crow Valley

Cold enough to wear my sweatshirt and still feel a little chilly this morning at Crow Valley.


Sunrise outside Ault


There were a few commotions at Crow Valley today.
One of them centered around this puddle; robins and jays yakking
all over the place in between morning drinks.


Another commotion involved a pair of Merlins and some Blue Jays.
At one point the battle raged on directly above me. In my
excitement I think I saved the Jay, (at least temporarily)
but lost the shot.


I figured I'd get to see a lot of Wilson's Warblers hopping around CV today.
Expectation met.


Plumbeous vireo....judging by recent posts anyhow.


Don't know about this one...feels like a Warbling Vireo though.
UPDATE: Um, let's just say this is confirmed as Warbling. 
Cracks me up :)


On the way home, I looked for Burrowing Post Owls. No luck, only 
this guy. I was sad to see a recent fire had burned some of my 
favorite Burrowing habitat.


Hermit Thrush
Brown Thrasher
a scruffy immature N Mockingbird
House Wrens
Flycatchers







2 comments:

Connie said...

Love, love, love the pics. The Wilson's is my fav.

DaveABirding said...

Good stuff, nice color on the sunrise.